Salary based on Experience
The Mississippi Loggers Association Board of Directors is seeking an Executive Director to lead and manage the activities of the association. The new executive will be hired by and report to the Board of Directors. He/She will oversee and implement programs that have been developed by the association. The board will continue in its role, setting policy direction and supporting the executive director.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work with diverse business and community-leaders. The candidate will also have through experience in organizing, implementing and managing a strategic plan to promote the forest industry, events, programs, activities and opportunities, as well the ability to efficiently collaborate with diverse groups, businesses, local and state government agencies and organizations. The ability to work with a Board of Directors and the ability to attend each district’s monthly meetings is also expected.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities of the Executive Director
- Provide leadership to the association and grow membership
- Work with others within the forest industry, MDOT, local and state governments agencies to monitor legislative actions that could benefit or hinder the timber industry
- Work as an advocate of MLA Log-A-Load for Kids by making others aware of and attending fundraising events.
- Serve as the association’s chief spokesperson and primary advocate, representing the organization with media, government agencies, association, and public entities.
- Facilitate consistent, informative communication and effective outreach to MLA’s Board of Directors, members and sponsors, and government agencies.
- Create awareness and promote MLA and the forest industry in a positive way.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, implementation, and follow-up of Board and Committee meetings, the Mid-South Forestry Equipment Show, Annual Meetings, and any other special events that takes place.
- Manage staff to oversee the association’s programs and to accomplish the association’s objectives.
- Oversee the organization and implementation of organization’s administrative, management, and financial systems and data. This will include explaining annual reports, budgets, and other important information with respect to the financial accounting of the association.
- Research, negotiate, monitor, and manage all contracts on behalf of the association.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Board of Directors relevant to achieving the objective and the purpose of the position.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- An extensive background within the forest industry
- Experience in working with a Board of Directors
- The ability to work with local and state governments
- Plan, organize and manage special events
- Ability to communication efficiently with individuals and groups, in written and oral form
- Creative and innovative thinker with excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
- Understanding of issues confronting the forest industry
- Understanding of local and state law regarding the forest industry, including trucking
- Must have a driver’s license, be able to pass a drug and background check
To apply, contact the MLA office for an application or download it here.
Send your completed application, cover letter, and resume
(including three professional and/or personal references)
to email@example.com by November 1, 2017.
Contact the MLA office at (601) 776-5754 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information may also be mailed to:
Mississippi Loggers Association
P.O. Box 659
Quitman, MS 39355